Reporting to the Treasurer, the incumbent will assist in all activities related with the financial management function of the KRG.
The responsibilities and duties of the Assistant Treasurer will include, without being limited to:
- Perform follow up on revenues;
- Collaborate in the planning and preparation of the annual budget and Audit of the KRG;
- Ensure budgetary and expenditure controls by performing among other tasks, the issuance of certificates of availability of funds;
- Perform activities related to cash management borrowing by-laws, the issuance of municipal bonds and debt portfolio monitoring, reconciliation and reporting;
- Act as second responder to financial institutions and the Ministry of Municipal Affairs, for all applications for investments, loans and funding;
- Participate in the development, the implementation and the maintainability of adequate internal control mechanisms including delegation of authority updates and cash management processes;
- Recommend improvements, implement remedial changes to enhance controls and mitigate risk;
- Assist in monitoring capital expenditures;
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger, including payments related balances, and complete monthly closings;
- Ensure the production of various financial reports, statistics and indicators for the Treasury service and for other services;
- Interpret tax provisions relating to the Goods and Services Tax and Quebec Sales and ensure their implementation;
- Assist the Treasurer in managing the Cost-of-Living program;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or administration;
- Member in good standing of a provincial order of Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA);
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting and general financial experience;
- Experience in municipal accounting will be considered an asset;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and Sage ERP Accpac software.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum of $102,895 and maximum of $141,479
Benefits: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3,707/year
Annual leave trips: maximum of 3 per person annually;
Vacation: 30 days
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume to:
Kativik Regional Government,
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.