Our client, a privately-held SME in the manufacturing sector is looking for a VP Finance.
- Key Member of Management team for Finance and operations.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all finance, accounting and operational functions (human resources, information technology)
- Managing the accumulation and of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- CPA or equivalent
- SME experience
- Minimum 10 years experience
About the employer
At Exceleris, we are a different kind of accountant and finance recruitment company, one that isn’t based on “hitting our quotas” or simply matching resumes to openings. Because our managing partners have experience with accounting and finance from both sides of the table – internal accountant recruitment in Montreal and for other clients – we know firsthand what it takes to find and keep the right candidates.