No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
This role may be adjusted based on applications received for a business development analyst/support role.
As a key contributor to financing and credit, the Account Manager will use his or her talent and creativity to make a real impact on the success of Canadian entrepreneurs. He or she will leverage his or her relational strengths and network of contacts by identifying opportunities to accelerate the growth of Canadian entrepreneurs and by developing business opportunities, both in financing and consulting. If you're excited about a career with one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, you've come to the right place! Diversity is a great value in our organization!
Challenges to be met:
- You will meet and build ongoing relationships with local entrepreneurs, clients and prospects, and discuss the specifics of their business in order to diagnose issues, provide advice and identify, where appropriate, a BDC service offering appropriate to their business needs;
- You will deliver your marketing plan aligned with the Business Centre's objectives. This will allow you to ensure the growth and retention of existing clients in your portfolio while acquiring new clients and creating a pool of business opportunities;
- You will have a concrete business development plan spread over 90 days and you propose solutions to their issues;
- You will analyze, negotiate and present high quality loan proposals exercising sound credit judgment;
- You will develop a portfolio of client and headhunting prospect in the manufacturing, distributor domains, among others, to support them in their growth plan via BDC solutions.
What we are looking for:
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree in business administration or in a field deemed equivalent;
- Do you have good financial analysis skills;
- Do you have a professional accounting designation? If so, this is an asset;
- Are you passionate about entrepreneurship and do you have 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role with sales objectives, as well as good knowledge of the business environment in your region;
- Are you known for your canvassing, your listening skills and do you have a sixth sense that allows you to identify the issues and business needs of entrepreneurs;
- Your clients and business relations remember you because of the accuracy of your advice, your proactivity and your outstanding customer service;
- Are you a team player who builds effective and lasting relationships with your peers, business contacts and external partners;
- Are you active in your community by participating in associations or by being a member of a chamber of commerce.
With us, you'll be able to achieve the work/life balance you're looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits.?This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at: accessibility@BDC.ca, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.