A leader in industrial equipment manufacturing is presently looking for a dynamic and motivated Controller, to collaborate with its Accounting and Management team and to support the company in its continuous expansion in the US market.
Reporting to the VP-Finance and the General Manager, the Controller is a strategic partner that oversees all the financial and accounting operations of the organization, by leading his team to deliver accurate and timely financial data on which to base planning, performance evaluation and operating decisions.
The Corporate Controller ensures adherence to accounting practices (IFRS), internal controls, procedures, integrity of management information and safeguarding of assets, while providing strong operational, organizational and strategic information to the VP-Finance, the General Manager and the rest of the Management team.
More precisely, the candidate will have to:
- Oversee the company budgets, financial reports, accounting functions and cash management;
- Focus on the accounting and reporting functions, ensuring the team is meeting their goals;
- Continuously improve accounting processes, internal controls, policies, procedures, reporting cycles and systems to ensure that the accounting records provide accurate and timely information in accordance with GAAP, outside constituent’s requirements and comply with local and international tax jurisdictions;
- Supervise and mentor accounting team;
- Monitor and analyze the key performance indicators and comment on significant deviations;
- Monitor risk management and participate to customers contract reviews (commercial insurance, currency risk, other financial and commercial risks);
- Develop the various functional team capabilities to ensure that the team supports and contributes to the company’s growth;
- Direct preparation of annual budget and rolling forecasts including supporting detail plans (sales, capital, manpower, etc.) Prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification. Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management;
- Model detailed assumptions and future events to provide budgeted and forecasted financial statements;
- Work closely with the management team and outside constituents, including lenders, government authorities and external auditors.
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in a similar industry;
- CPA designation (preferred CA);
- Strong technical accounting and external reporting knowledge;
- IFRS knowledge is considered an asset;
- US income taxes and state sales taxes (basic knowledge);
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP, etc.;
- Perfectly bilingual, spoken and written (French and English)
The ideal candidate will be:
· Self-motivated, self-confident, passionate, empathetic and approachable;
· Organized, meticulous and rigorous;
· Cost controlled orientated;
· Excellent communicator, both spoken and written.
We offer a good range of benefits, such as:
· Competitive salary
· Group insurance
· Group RRSP
· Mobile days off
· Flexible working hours
· Fitness center
Only candidates that will meet our requirements will be contacted. (The use of masculine in this description is to lighten the text).