Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Analyst, Asset Management, Industrial, North America
Position type : Salaried
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$60,4 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2020 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Industrial, North America
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Asset Management, Industrial, North America, you will gather, track and manage financial and asset management information for the portfolio. You will help monitor the business plan and annual budgets for each asset, platform and entity for the entire North American Industrial portfolio. Your role also involves assisting the Asset Management team and interacting with partners and certain internal departments on a regular basis. In addition, you will help gather and analyze the financial information required to execute the unit’s business plan, especially as it pertains to production, distribution and presentation to various entities within the organization.
Your duties will include the following:
· Assist the Asset Management team in analyzing the financial and management data necessary to monitor investment performance;
· Prepare asset sheets for annual review purposes and participate in deep-dive/hold & sale analyses;
· Help prepare requests for approval from Ivanhoé Cambridge’s partners in line with established processes and policies as well as legal agreements governing company partnerships and practices;
· Contribute to the preparation process for annual business and strategic plans;
· Play an active role in preparing and coordinating annual operating/capital budgets and business plans within specified timeframes;
· Monitor key data (vacancy/leasing rates, development volumes, price per square foot) in markets where properties are located;
· Assist the Asset Management team in reviewing valuation reports;
· Update Argus Enterprise models or validate models provided directly by partners for cost-benefit analysis purposes;
· Develop KPI analysis tools specific to business plans;
· Maintain high-quality business relationships with partners and act as a facilitator for various internal and external parties;
· Carry out other tasks as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, real estate or accounting; master’s degree, an asset;
· C.App., CPA and/or CFA designation, or the equivalent, a considerable asset;
· Three to five years of relevant experience;
· Keen interest in real estate; solid grasp of core accounting concepts;
· Strong financial analysis skills;
· Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
· Proactive, forward-thinking and results-oriented;
· High level of proficiency in Argus, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
· Availability to travel locally and abroad with minimal notice;
· Availability to work flexible hours;
· Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines;
· Excellent command of written and spoken French and English; with good business writing skills;
· Ability to distill and present information effectively; strong attention to detail; dynamic and outgoing;
· Self-motivated and self-directed with a collaborative team mindset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .