Senior Advisor, Financial performance and budget
Duration: Full time
Work Location: 1170, rue Peel, Montréal
Unposting Date: 2021-09-30
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a senior financial performance and budget advisor, you help design, institute, update, analyze and monitor strategies and solutions related to income and expense accounting. You help structure and track financial results, produce budget forecasts, invest in pension plans and improve financial performance.
You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.
You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives;
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit's strategic projects and initiatives;
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies;
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies;
- Represent Desjardins's position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience;
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered;
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills:
- Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning.
Key competencies for the job:
- Communicates effectively, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset.