Accountant (6 month contract)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Accountant at KnowledgeOne to support the Controller. The accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to those activities. In addition, the incumbent of this positon will assist in completing the monthly, quarterly and annually accounting cycle.
- Generate monthly financial statements and prepare for monthly reconciliations;
- Produce KPIs through excel dashboards and provide the backup analyses;
- Analyze results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements;
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks;
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to improve financial performance/tracking thereof;
- Support the controller in the capital budgeting and the master budget;
- Perform month-end closing journal entries such as accruals, allocations and capitalization of internally developed software & perform various balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist the Controller in the reconstruction of the cost structure in the accounting system and the chart of accounts;
- Create and review the controls needed for the accounting reporting systems;
- Work in project accounting and assist in producing productivity reports;
- Variance analysis of actual project costs vs projections and forecasts;
- Perform adhoc projects.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software;
- Proficiency with Excel (advance level);
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail;
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information;
- Eager to work in project accounting;
- Should be able to work independently (minimum supervision) and be a team player;
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills;
- Good business acumen;
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills;
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Bachelors in accounting or equivalent;
- Experience in the eLearning industry is a strong asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required;
- Strong understanding of cost accounting principles;
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Bilingual - French and English.
- Flexible hours, 35 hours a week;
- Complete insurance plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Dialogue Telehealth Virtual Service;
- Company-matched pension plan;
- Personal and sick day banks;
- Dynamic and fun team;
- Office located downtown, across the street from Concordia Metro station, with on-site staff lounges;
- Open to teleworking;
- And much more…
Come and join the team!
About the employer
We are a learning and elearning consulting services company that provides businesses, professional organizations and institutions with reliable and cost-effective learning solutions.
Our mission is to provide leading universities and professional organizations with reliable, cost-effective online course development, delivery resources and support services.
We offer a work environment that values diversity, creativity, team work, work life balance and, most of all, fun! We are open to teleworking.