Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Director, Operational Accounting and Financial information
Position type : Salaried
Location : Montréal
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Finance and Accounting, Retail and Office
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Operational Accounting and Financial Information, Retail and Office, you will be responsible of overseeing a team of Managers, Financial Administration and Accounting that provide the financial results for a portfolio of retail and office properties.
Main duties include:
Manage, supervise and oversee three Managers (located in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary) to ensure the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all financial results for assigned properties on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, including during the forecasting and budgeting process:
· Review and approve budget and year-end schedules and reports;
· Ensure the timeliness and quality of the year-end billing adjustments;
· Review and provide guidance to the Managers for the monthly and annual variance analysis;
· Contribute to and review the Budget and quarterly reporting packages to Senior Management.
· Mentor and coach the Managers to promote the continued development of their skills;
· Advise Managers on the leadership of their employees;
· Plan and manage team objectives and goals; set priorities and manage workloads to ensure seamless business continuity;
· Provide regular feedback and guidance to direct reports promoting company core values, and conduct performance reviews.
Year-end procedures for the business units:
· Plan, coordinate, oversee and support the year-end process and communications to key stakeholders;
· Lead year-end audit coordination with external auditors for both statutory financial statements prepared in accordance to IFRS and CAM statements;
Safeguard and ensure compliance with the financial internal controls:
· Develop, implement, review and monitor accounting policies for the business units;
· Coordinate and oversee the review of the properties’ financial internal controls;
· Review and present internal control review engagement results to the operations team.
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships, anticipating the needs of key stakeholders, such as Operations, Leasing, Development, Legal and Corporate Finance teams;
· Identify opportunities to develop and implement process improvements, as well as system efficiencies, to support the evolving business unit needs;
· Coordinate and oversee the accounting and budgeting process for non-managed properties;
Property purchase/sale transactions, when they occur:
· Provide all financial information required for the due diligence;
· Review and analyse all legal documents pertaining to the transaction;
· Plan and coordinate the preparation of the statement of adjustments, and review it;
· Handle all aspects of the transition of financial information with the third party.
· Oversee sales tax audits in partnership with Ivanhoe Cambridge’s tax department;
· Support the Senior Director with other tasks and special projects, as assigned.
· Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA) with good knowledge of IFRS;
· Minimum ten years of experience in a similar supervisory role, ideally in the real estate industry;
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
· Ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment as both a key team player and leader;
· Ability to work independently, manage priorities, perform under pressure and multitask effectively;
· Strong analytical skills and ability to gather, interpret and synthesize complex information;
· Strategic, innovative, big-picture thinking and superior problem-solving skills;
· Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and deadline-driven;
· Ability to travel to Toronto/Calgary every few months;
· Knowledge in MS Office, including intermediate proficiency in Excel;
· Fluently bilingual in French and English (spoken and written);
· Knowledge of J.D. Edwards and BI tools an asset .
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume!
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.