Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The Financial Governance Administrative Department is responsible for managing the financial certification program under Regulation 52-109.
The person in this position will:
· Conduct a yearly risk analysis to establish the scope of the work needed to maintain certification for Desjardins Group under Regulation 52-109.
· Ensure that significant risks identified through the risk analysis are mitigated by key internal controls.
· Assess the design and efficiency of internal controls with respect to key financial information.
· Assess deficiencies identified during tests, communicate this information to the parties involved and make recommendations.
· Let senior management and various committees know what internal controls are in place, what deficiencies have been identified and what their impacts are.
· Be responsible for planning and executing mandates that involve assessing the design and efficiency of internal controls over financial reporting.
· Conduct the yearly risk analysis of the financial statements of subsidiaries and entrusted processes to establish the scope of the work.
· Be proficient with the financial governance methodology.
· Document and update the processes as well as the risk and control matrices included in the scope of the work, or review this work.
· Conduct or review design walk-through tests and control efficiency tests.
· Assess the deficiencies identified during tests and share this information with the parties involved, make recommendations and follow up on their implementation.
· Manage coordination with internal auditors, external auditors and other stakeholders for the processes under your responsibility.
· Prepare working documents, summarize the results and draft reports suitable for the target audience.
· Participate in the administrative department’s strategic projects and initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· A minimum of six years of relevant experience
· Experience in auditing
· Experience in a financial institution and/or insurance company (an asset)
· Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
· For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
· Solid understanding of internal control over financial reporting
· Knowledge of AMF Regulation 52-109 / Sarbane-Oxley (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
· Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
· Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset