Organization Profile :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is currently seeking an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Controller, the assistant controller will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including all aspects of the month-end process and compliance to generally accepted accounting principles. The Assistant Controller manages a group of approximately 20 employees. The position represents a unique opportunity to utilize your accounting and finance expertise and work daily with contacts throughout the Pratt & Whitney Canada organization at all levels of management. This will allow you to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development.
Specific responsibilities of position:
- Manages a team of around 20 employees;
- Acts as the Controller’s right-hand person and is a key member of the Finance team who also communicates with management on a regular basis;
- Manages all aspects of the month-end process, including the production of quarterly and annual analyses;
- Ensures that accounting transactions comply and are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, including the production of statutory financial statements;
- Plays a strategic role in assessing the accounting implications of transactions, and provides recommendations to management on the best way to structure these transactions;
- Oversees special projects, such as the implementation of new accounting standards;
- Coordinates the annual balance sheet review process;
- Advises and supports different business units in their decision-making;
- Provides financial accounting expertise, and is the main point of contact for external auditors and management.
- Bachelor degree with minimum of 12 years of accounting experience within an accounting firm or a large company;
- Member of the CPA order;
- Staff management experience
- Technical accounting background with a good knowledge of US GAAP and practical experience in the application of accounting concept;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem solving skills;
- Able to work well within tight delays and under pressure;
- French and English bilingual;
Field of studies:
- Long-term deferred compensation programs
- Daycare for young children
- Advancement programs to enhance education skills
- Flexible work schedules
- Leadership and training programs
- Comprehensive benefits, savings and pension plans
- Financial support for parental leave
- Reward programs for outstanding work
Diversity and inclusion:
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read. P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion.
About the employer
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe that powered flight has transformed – and will continue to transform – the world.
That’s why we work with an explorer’s heart and a perfectionist’s grit to design, build, and service the world’s most advanced aircraft engines. We do this across a diverse portfolio – including Commercial Engines, Military Engines, Business Aviation, General Aviation, Regional Aviation, and Helicopter Aviation – and as a way of turning possibilities into realities for our customers.
This is how we at Pratt & Whitney approach our work, and this is why we are inspired to go beyond.